Sunday, March 18, 2012

Modesto to Roseburg


We really had some rain in Modesto, the buildings don't have gutters because most of the time they don't need them. For about 1/2 hour it rained really hard. After that it didn't rain again all night. The next morning the rain was gone and off we went.

Not much scenery for a while, just wide open, wide open.



We stopped at a rest area, and these birds were there. I couldn't hear them, but Mary said they sounded like a wind chime, a loud wind chime.



Shasta Lake. I don't know how much more the lake will fill up in the spring, but there didn't seem like there was much snow in the hills around there.



Mt Shasta. We didn't get to see it on the way down, but it looked nice on our way home.




Some of the smaller mountains along I5.





Once again, through the Sate of Jefferson.



A couple of metal sculptures along the hi way. I don't know how long they have been there, I don't remember them not being there.




The highest point on I5, the Siskiyou Summit. We're back in Oregon!




No rain all day, averaged for the day 67mph. Glad to be back in Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment